My photo
WINNIPEG, MB, Canada

Tuesday, March 23, 2010



Turning Drab to “Draper”

Men's hair has remained relatively stagnant with only an ever-so-slight variation of faux-hawk dominating current trends for the past couple years.

Don't get me wrong.... I think this genericized cut has definitely updated some brush-cut compelled gents. However, with the faux-hawk fading out, I am very excited with the direction that men's hair is heading.

In my opinion, one particular television show, Mad Men, is the catalyst bringing sophisication back this spring. Add a great smooth cut and the shine of Brylcream, then pour me an Old Fashion, straight-up, please!

With a sizable market share focused on mens’ grooming, more and more urban men seem to be embracing their inner style maven. Mad Men reminds us that looking “the” part is just as important as the cut-of-cloth and social grace. With a rejuvenation of the straight shave and clean-cut coiffe taming every stray hair, I predict that more couples will be brokering bathroom rights in the coming months.

Yummy! Let's thicken this plot, I say.

1 comment:

  1. Very true. Great Job!!! I think you are dead on about mens style. I love the direction you say it is headed.

    ReplyDelete